From: STOSC::SMM "On-Duty SMM x5074" 7-JAN-1993 13:40:34.30
To: @[.DIS]HST_STAT

HUBBLE SPACE TELESCOPE
                               DAILY REPORT #798

PERIOD COVERED:  0800 EST 01/06/93 - 0800 EST 01/07/93

Daily Status Report as of 007/1200Z.

1.0 ACTIVITIES SCHEDULED AND ACCOMPLISHED:

   1.1 Completed FOS/BL 4057 (Spectropolarimetry of QSOs) 

       The Faint Object Spectrograph (Blue Side) was used to make three
       spectropolarimetry observations of Markarian galaxy MARK421 below
       3000 A0. All three observations were received and displayed in the
       OSS. They were reported to look okay. 

   1.2 Completed WFC 4105 (HST Medium Deep Survey, High Latitude)

       The Wide Field Camera was used to take two high latitude image in
       parallel with the prime science observations. Both image were
       received and displayed. They both were reported to look okay. 

   1.3 Completed FOS/BL 4495 (GIMP Test)

       The Geomagnetic Induced Motion Problem (GIMP) test was conducted on
       the correction mechanism for the Faint Object Spectrograph. All
       observations were received and displayed in the OSS. The four rapid
       mode wave length calibration, and the 24 image mode TALEDs were all
       reported to be okay. 

   1.4 Completed WFC-PC 4109 (Rapid Internal Monitor)

       Both the Wide Field Camera and the Planetary Camera were used to
       take two internal flat images looking for new forms of contamination
       (i.e., daisies and measles). Both images were received and
       displayed. the images were reported to be okay. 

   1.5 Completed Four Sets of PC 3172 (Internal Monitor Proposal)

       The Planetary Camera was used to take a series of bias, dark,
       internal flat, and KSPOT images. No external target was used.  The
       dark observation looked fine. Of the Internal flat observations: one
       had some saturation in the corners, one was underexposed, and one
       was reported to be okay. The KSPOT observation was reported to have
       some internal reflections from the grossly overexposed Baum spot.
       All other observations were reported to be okay. 
  
   1.6 Completed PC 4084 (Globular Cluster Cores, GTO Augmentation)

       The Planetary Camera was used to make two images of the core of
       globular cluster BD+75D325. Both images were executed in course
       track. The point spread function of the test star was well placed in
       CCD PC #6. 

   1.7 Completed PC 4347 (Flood Retention Test)

       The Planetary Camera was used to obtain three Earth flat calibration
       images using filter F439W. All three images were received and
       displayed. The first two images were reported to be saturated. Part
       of the third observation was lost due to a track change. 

   1.8 Completed HSP/UV2/POL 3234 ( X-Ray Binaries)

       The High Speed Photometer was used to obtain both photometric and
       polarimetric light curves of the x-ray binary star HD77581 (aka,
       Vela XR-1). The observations were executed in fine lock. Both image
       were reported to be well centered and to look okay. 

   1.9 Completed WFC 1306 (GTO Low Latitude Parallel Program)

       The Wide Field Camera was used to take low latitude images in
       parallel with the prime science observations. The observations were
       executed as scheduled, and no problems were reported. 

   1.10 Completed WFC 3605 (Stellar Winds and Post-Main Sequence Evolution)

       The Wide Field Camera was used to make observations of star BE294
       (Spectral Class Ofpe/WNL) which has a visual magnitude of 11.9, and
       is located in the Large Magellanic Cloud. This star is known to be
       very hot and luminous, and have a mass loss rate much higher than
       normal O class stars. The observations were executed as scheduled,
       and no problems were reported. 

   1.11 Initiated HRS/2 3825 (Novae in Outburst in the Magellanic Clouds)

       The High Resolution Spectrograph was used to make target of
       opportunity spectral observations of novae in the Large Magellanic
       Cloud during their nebular phase. These observations were initiated
       as scheduled, and are currently under way. No problems have been
       reported. 

2.0 FLIGHT OPERATIONS SUMMARY:

    2.1 Guide Star Acquisitions: 

                            Scheduled Acquisitions : 5
                                        Successful : 3

                                  (007/0554 and 0715Z) HSTAR written

                          Scheduled Reacquisitions : 7
                                        Successful : 7
                                    Losses of Lock : 0

   2.2 FHST Updates: 

                              Scheduled : 8
                             Successful : 8

   2.3 Significant HSTARs: None

   2.4 Operations Note: None

3.0 ACTIVITIES SCHEDULED FOR NEXT REPORTING PERIOD:

   3.1 Complete GHRS/@ 3825 (Novae in Outburst in the Magellanic Clouds)

   3.2 complete FOS/BL 4495 (GIMP Test)

   3.3 Uplink Updated Ephemris Tables, Per MOSES 2871

   3.4 Complete Two Sets of FOC/96 3801 (Search for QSOs suitable for 
       Observation)

   3.5 Complete HSP/UV2/POL 3234 (X-Ray Binaries)

   3.6 Complete FOS/BL 4212 (Internal Wave Length Calibrations)

   3.7 Initiate GHRS/2 4217 (Absorption Cross Sections of Nearby Galaxies)

4.0 ANOMALY STATUS:
	
   4.1 Significant New Anomalies: None

   4.2 Significant Unresolved Anomalies: None
 
 5.0 SIGNIFICANT FORTHCOMING EVENTS: Nothing at this time
 
                                -END-